How to Elope | Avoid all the costs and stresses of a traditional wedding!
Perhaps you’ve been planning (or dreaming) about your wedding for years. With no expense spared, you could have the best of everything. A lavish reception, including a six-course sit-down dinner, sensational wines, a DJ or live band, a photographer, limousine hire, a stunning wedding dress, the men dressed in smart suits, magnificent flowers… the list is unending.
And if you really go crazy, the cost could run into the tens of thousands. That kind of financial pressure is hard on everyone!
No wonder some couples think about eloping.
Or perhaps you might simply belong to a growing army of people who would never dream about putting on a full-scale production for their wedding. Your hard-earned money is already spent, on day-to-day necessities like living costs, rent, mortgage or the kids’ expenses. You might be in a hurry to get married. Or maybe you’re planning a wedding ceremony overseas but would rather be “legally married” before you go, rather than endure the complications of trying to get the paperwork sorted out in a foreign country.
Here are just nine more reasons why couples are choosing to elope:
- No need to impress anyone with fancy frills that are all over in one day
- You don’t like being the centre of attention
- You don’t need any extra stress in your life.
- You’d rather spend your money on an exciting holiday or towards a new house
- You need your money for more vital concerns, like raising your family
- You have family overseas and you don’t like the idea of only having one partner’s family at the wedding.
- There’s a culture clash between your two families so leaving them out of your wedding will be the best way to avoid it.
- You’ll save so much money you can throw a great party for all your friends in a more casual and relaxing scenario
- You’re a really private couple and just don’t want any fuss
As you can tell, if perhaps you’d rather simply have an elopement wedding (a small, no-frills, private wedding), you’re not alone. It makes good financial sense.
Thank goodness for Simple Weddings.
Simple Weddings conduct weddings promptly, easily…and simply! You can get married within just four to five weeks, and for just $199 or just $299 (yes it’s Australia’s best price).
You can marry for $199, Monday to Friday during business hours at their Adelaide office; or for $299 Monday to Friday between 6pm-9pm at their Adelaide office; or for $299 Saturday and Sunday between 11am-4pm at their Adelaide office.
Don’t spend a fortune on getting married or get wrapped up in a whole lot of stuff and nonsense.