The Australian Partner Visa applicant’s guide to getting married
(Quickly, easily and at Australia’s best price)
Are you or your partner applying for an Australian Partner Visa?
This can result from the uncertainty of not knowing whether you or your partner can remain in Australia. This can happen when you are waiting to find out if you will obtain a Partner visa. It really can be quite nerve-wracking, to say the least.
If you are applying for an Australian Partner Visa, you will need to apply for a Registered Marriage Certificate at some point. After all, it will be required by Immigration.
If you do not yet have a Registered Marriage Certificate, here’s how to go about it. Without unnecessary delays.
Get legally Married in Australia
Obtain your Registered Marriage Certificate by following these few steps.
Thankfully, Simple Weddings makes the entire process easy, fast and at Australia’s lowest price
- You need to sign a special form and lodge it with a marriage authority. You must do this at least one month prior to your wedding ceremony
- Next you need to book a wedding date. Ideally for as soon as possible after the one-month notice period
- Then, arrive at the venue of your wedding ceremony at the booked time and date. Along with a minimum of two witnesses
- At the conclusion of the wedding ceremony you will receive a standard legal Marriage Certificate.
- Once married, you then qualify to apply for a “Registered” Marriage Certificate. This is the version required for Immigration Applications.