The Australian Partner Visa applicant’s guide to getting married
(Quickly, easily and at Australia’s best price)
Are you or your partner applying for an Australian Partner Visa?
The uncertainty of not knowing whether you or your partner can remain in Australia subject to obtaining a visa can cause a lot of anxiety.
If you do not yet have a Registered Marriage Certificate, here’s how to go about it, without unnecessary delays.
Get legally Married in Australia
There are a few steps to getting married and obtaining a Registered Marriage Certificate.
Thankfully, Simple Weddings makes the entire process easy, fast and at Australia’s lowest price
- You need to sign a special form and lodge it with a marriage authority, at least one month prior to your wedding ceremony
- You need to book a wedding date, ideally for as soon as possible after the one-month notice period
- You need to arrive at the venue of your wedding ceremony at the booked time and date, along with a minimum of two witnesses
- At the conclusion of the wedding ceremony you will receive a standard legal Marriage Certificate.
- Once married, you then qualify to apply for a “Registered” Marriage Certificate (this is the version required for Immigration Applications)